Odd Looking Kitties

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay... not really a kitty, but cute and fuzzy anyway. PointyNose, my resident red fox queen, has been dancing 'round the far back lawn, hounding me these last four or five days to be fed a little earlier than usual, and today the reason's clear, as she's finally brought her new kits out onto the south lawn to investigate where the free food comes from their surroundings. Terrible photo, looking back over 100 yards -

foxlong1.jpg

- but when cropped you can almost make out this pointy-nosed cat baby, now aged between eight and nine weeks, tentatively exploring one of the shadier sections of the yard.

foxlong2.jpg

Mom's watching close by, lying down in the grass behind the granite boulder, quite near the new baby cat kit. This is certainly the alpha male, but it's far too early to approach very closely.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Aww! That baby fox is so cute! I've seen a fox in the forest preserve near my house a few times.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have gray ones that come through every night, right at dark. They seem to just ignore the cats, and the cats just ignore them. (well, one of them doesn't, but, he can't get to the foxes)

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Are foxes feline or canine? I can imagine their long-ago ancestors being wolves, but also lions.