Nursing Stray

Sheryl521

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, in January we came across this kitten who had been hiding nearyby and we started feeding her. She must have been about 5 months or so. We’ve gotten her to come inside our place to eat and she has become so comfortable that she sits with us and is very affectionate but only stays inside for a short time. In late February noticed she was expecting. So we working hard to get her to be more an indoor cat than outdoor but it just wasn’t working. She had her kittens under the house last Saturday. I still haven’t seen them or heard them bc she has them tucked away but I believe they are ok. She’s in protective mode and still comes out from time to time to eat and drink water. But I noticed she has worms the rice like one that are thin near her butt. Since she is nursing what can I do to treat her. She barely lets us touch her so we have not come to a point that she would allow me to handle her. She’s a very sweet cat tho. Also what about fleas? Can she be treated for that as well? Id really like to get her a wellness check and her babies too but I have no access to them and I don’t want to take her away from her babies. I’d like to take them all together. Any advice?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
The rice-like worms are tapeworms. Here’s an old thread about deworming a nursing cat: Nursing Mom With Tapeworms

My recommendation would be to get a dewormer and flea treatment from the vet that will be safe for her.