Nursing Cat Has Real Red And Dry Nipples With No Milk?? Please Help

<3Mylittlekitten<3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So was just sitting on my bed with the momma cat (Izzy) and her 3 week old kittens and I picked up momma and layed her on her back on my lap like I normally do and I just noticed her nipples are kinda hard, dried up, extremely red and not producing anything! I'm very worried since I don't know how long they have been like this and the last time the kits have eaten. I was just wondering why they are like this and how I can help her? I really don't want anything to happen to them since they are my little babies. And don't worry I am planing on fixing her but right at the moment I am saving up money for her and the other 2. Maybe the 5 kittens but we aren't sure yet. Anything will help. Thank you all! <3

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You must handfeed the kitten!
Had you began with it?
Goats milk or kmr.

For momma? Calcium rich food breast balm on the teats or at least coldpressed cocoa or olive oil.
@3mylittlekitten
So was just sitting on my bed with the momma cat (Izzy) and her 3 week old kittens and I picked up momma and layed her on her back on my lap like I normally do and I just noticed her nipples are kinda hard, dried up, extremely red and not producing anything! I'm very worried since I don't know how long they have been like this and the last time the kits have eaten. I was just wondering why they are like this and how I can help her? I really don't want anything to happen to them since they are my little babies. And don't worry I am planing on fixing her but right at the moment I am saving up money for her and the other 2. Maybe the 5 kittens but we aren't sure yet. Anything will help. Thank you all! <3

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

<3Mylittlekitten<3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for the reply's! I hand fed them for around two days and her nipples went back to normal. They might have been sore since this is her second litter with 5 kits and it's the first time a kitten has suckled on them since her first litter (2 kits) did not make it. But thank you all so so much <3

<3Mylittlekitten<3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And mama is doing great and so is all five kits although they get into everything I still love them very very much.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad she is feeling better. Do be sure to keep an eye on her in case it worsens again.

Where are you located? We can help you to find a low cost spay clinic in your area.

<3Mylittlekitten<3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! Not sure if I should be saying my address but let's say I'm around Dawson, PA.