Nuggets Amara And Dotty(and Family)

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So yesterday I picked up Dotty, a 9 week old kitten with suspected radial hypoplasia. To say the least it was weird. The kittens were grubby, at least 3 had a bit of eye gunk. She had dewormed and deflead them but warned me she found flea poop. So my plan to deflea was set in motion a bit earlier.
Anyhoo, I thought I was coming there to pick Dotty up if it clicked. She immediately got feisty on my hand:loveeyes:. Then the owner said she wanted to chip them all July 13th, I didn't want to wait that long so I said my vet could do it. Then she wanted to make sure she ate dry kibble instead of having a preference for canned food. Again I said it was no problem and at that moment Dotty removed herself from the ball of kittens and lay down closer to me.
I got the carrier and we put her in and she just sat there, like ok, let's go. Then her mother laid down in front, back towards the carrier.
So the cats were saying themselves, go with.
That was good, the woman claimed to be paranormal so these were all good signs. She also meowed to call the cats and demonstrated her cat fight noise...I make cat noises myself but this was too much. Especially since the cats didn't even respond...
She claims to save kittens but she lets her unspayed cat outside..even after she said the cat was exhibiting signs of heat....:frustrated:
So I was glad to take Dotty home, paid a visit to the vet for a supply of Revolution and bought some shampoo.
Gave Dotty a bath, then deflead everybody, nail cut and tadaa!:kitty:
Dotty is settling in nicely and quickly but I think she might have a form of dwarfism of sorts. Her legs are short! Or it's cause of the hypoplasia thing..
Anyhoo, here are some first pictures of our latest and final addittion

Last night
Cats (696).JPG

This morning
Cats (698).JPG

Cats (699).JPG

Cats (700).JPG

This is the picture I fell in love with
Dotty (2).JPG

Dotty (14).JPG

She already is so loving with me. She finds me when she needs a safe haven
Dotty (22).JPG
And a cute Amara shot. 7 weeks old tomorrow
Amara (90).JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After morning play
IMG_20170702_111701.jpg

Thirteen stealing some kibble there
IMG_20170630_210932.jpg

In between Thirteen and Minoush
IMG_20170701_164000.jpg

I am amazed how fast Dotty is adapting to her new home, instant connection with Amara and myself and she's exploring the adult cats as well. Is that normal?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
That's awesome! Usually cats don't get used to each other that quickly, your cats must all be very friendly!

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sangha looking very annoyed and they hadn't even touched it yet
IMG_20170706_204337.jpg

:lovecat3:
IMG_20170706_204300.jpg

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is a strange adoption story. So glad you got little Dottie out of there. She is adorable.How many cats do you have?I have 3 but I want a 4th. My husband does not....

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have 19 cats right now, Dotty and Amara are the gate closers. The house is officially full and not to mention the financial cost.:think:

Amara had a temperature this morning, 39,9°. I called the vet and they say to wait until 1600 cet. If it's up we go in and otherwise the meds have to kick in to do their work

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amara was very sick lately so not a lot of posting. I have an arsenal of cute pictures haha

Adoration for Sangha
Cats (752).JPG

Also from Amara
Cats (755).JPG
Amara meowing at me. That's my DS in the back.
Cats (760).JPG

And for a change of cats. Here's my 3 black and whites from the Hallway Cats. Top to bottom, you have Domino, Kumal and Dolf.
Cats (676).JPG

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes she is. She gets medicine twice a day until the weekend but she's eating again, playing and generally happy. I was really worried especially over the weekend when her fever went up so I'm glad she's out of the woods. The energy that takes when one of your catbabies is ill:sleep:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes she is. She gets medicine twice a day until the weekend but she's eating again, playing and generally happy. I was really worried especially over the weekend when her fever went up so I'm glad she's out of the woods. The energy that takes when one of your catbabies is ill:sleep:
That's great to hear! I'm glad that little Amara is doing better.