Noticed discharge, is the color normal? I think she’s due soon

misstuxedocat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all - my fiancé and I rescued our Peppy a few months ago. She had her shots and de-wormer and needed to go in for the second round of shots but they didn’t administer them because they found out she was pregnant. We were pretty certain she was since we have rescued a cat before who was also pregnant. Peppy is different from our previous cat because this is her first litter (will be her last since we plan on getting her spayed.) I’ve attached some photos of discharge that I’ve noticed today. I believe she might be due soon. She’s been in her nesting box back and forth. No panting, or making any noises yet. Is this color discharge normal? I’ve read that greenish/dark tends to mean they’re nearing labor/birthing.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It may be her mucus plug. Discharge is normal at the end of pregnancy for a few days to a week before labor and delivery. From your description it sounds like she is close.,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misstuxedocat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It may be her mucus plug. Discharge is normal at the end of pregnancy for a few days to a week before labor and delivery. From your description it sounds like she is close.,
Thank you. I think she’s close too, but I don’t know how close. I’m thinking she’s 9 weeks, potentially going into 10.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misstuxedocat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think so too, at least I hope. This would be her first litter and the last few days has had a little bit of discharge. Today, it’s been pretty steady. I read that if a cat has never had a litter before that it could take a bit more time.