Not Sure If My Cat Is Ready For Birth

Sammi1985

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little Rosie is heavily pregnant .. I noticed today shes not eating as much as she has been and shes been eating loads.
Also I noticed yesterday and today that her nipples keep going white and then back pink and then white is this milk.
She also keeps having twitching episodes on her back end bringing her back leg up slightly and then back down again .. And seems a little restless.. Is she near to birthing ive never experienced anything like this before so literally haven't left her side.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like she’s getting really close to delivery! Cats usually start producing milk a day or two before giving birth. A loss of appetite and behavioral changes (such as restlessness) are also signs that birth is nearing. The twitching you’re describing sounds like contractions.

This article gives more information: How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Do you have all your supplies set up for the birth? You’ll need a nesting box for her, and some clean towels that you won’t mind throwing away afterwards. Check it this article for more details: Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sammi1985

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ive done her a nesting box but shes more interested in laying on my daughters bedroom floor so does the whole white nipple thing mean that's her milk.
I'm excited but so nervous x

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Sammi1985

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hiya my cat is 60 days pregnant .. Milk coming in I think with her nipples going really white .. And shes been in the nesting box I made her since yesterday afternoon which is the first time Shes actually been bothered with it... Is labour anytime soon ..
IMG_20190225_181235.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, how is she doing now? The average gestation length for cats is 64 days. Milk production usually starts a day or two before delivery, so she should be getting really close! I would recommend getting a nesting box set up, with some towels that you won’t mind throwing away afterwards.

Sammi1985

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hiya today her tummy has dropped so much is this normal shes been in nesting box for 2 days out for food then back in lifting her back tail up as if she was in heat x

Sammi1985

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is 65 /66 days pregnant... Shes still eating bit by bit she was sick this morning .. Her nipple areas seem huge and she lays gets up turns gets up turns again from belly to on her side she seems to be having like tremors at her back end but can only see it happening when she lays on her side. Shes never sick either so now I'm worrying is she ok is labour close ... Shes my little fur baby and I'm worried x