Not Growing

Freddy's mom

Freddy Kruger
Kitten
Purraise
feeding. This is the second time I have done this. He was born on July Friday the 13th. I got both him and his brother on their birthday as the mom rejected them. I had Jason his brother for a little over a week before he passed away. I thought I was going to lose Freddy. He is a fighter. Two weeks ago I took him to the vet because something didn't look right. I thought he was dying when i found him Wednesday night. He was gasping for air looking like he was taking his last breath. I gave him some honey on his tungue and he slowly got better. I called the clinic and got him in.He was denigrated and so the vet put 7cc syringe push in him. And gave me an antibiotic and eye ointment.
Fast forward to yesterday. I woke up to him screaming. I went and looked. He was panting and I thought he was to warm. He didn't stop. He would relax and then stiffen up.. I knew for sure he was having an seizure and held him. Again I thought I was going to lose him. I put honey water in his bottle and gave him some. He slowly pulled out. I called the clinic and made the decision to put him to sleep so he would not suffer. When I got there I noticed a few things. He was half the size of the 4 week old kittens the vet tech was bottle feeding. He should have been that size. So my thinking was correct second I was sure he was blind and the vet confirmed it. I used to work at a few vet clinics so i had some veterinarians show me stuff as I was only a vet assistant. The vet told me to give him two weeks to give him a chance unless he didn't fit into my lifestyle and or not wanting to deal with a special needs cat. I assured the vet I was up to the task. He has hypoglycemia which can cause the seizures and low thyroid so he can't regulate his body heat. He has a two week old delay is what the vet said. He gave him some worming medication and sent us home. He is being feed every 3 hrs regularly. He is my little champ.

Attachments

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe someone with more experience with young kittens will offer advice. I just want to send him best wishes. And hugs to the cute little guy!:grouphug:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Freddy's mom

Freddy Kruger
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you.. This morning he woke up and had a small seizure. He is now acting normal but I am pretty sure he may never grow or put any weight on. I am afraid he will stay this tiny and no quality of life. I want to trust my vet but something in me says I am right.
:( let's hope not

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What kmr do you use?
Can you get raw goats milk?
How much do you give totally a day? His actual weigh?

If you think he is weak, its better to give him food every 2 hours. Hopefully it will also mean, he gets in somewhat more totally.

Some nice vitamine paste may also help.