Norwegian Forest (1yo) Royal dry + Royal Intense Beauty?

luisreg81

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are currently feeding him Royal Canin Norwegian Forest (dry) + Royal Canin Intense Beauty (wet).

Would anyone here recommend this for his adult life or should we do our best to accommodate for wet only food? Worried about kidney problems down the road.

this is Royal’s recommended course for NFC.

thanks!

Smarl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have Norwegian forest kitten as well. As a big breed, I'd recommend to feed food with extra high protein - RC foods are without sugar and that's good, but the dry food contains only 30% protein. Wet wood looks good and if your cat is not allergic to wheat. Of course wet food is better for the kidneys and propably for the teeth as well.

My kitten doesn't really like kibble so I mostly feed her wet and raw food with extra vitamins. And she eats a ton! Is it possible to give some raw food to your cat, just to keep protein intake/hydration in a good level? That's one possibility too, if you want to continue with RC dry food.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Personally, I would feed an all wet diet, but I don't think you need to feed a food specifically for his breed. In my mind, any good quality, low carb wet food should work. The key being, low carb, which means not a lot of wheat, corn, vegies, fruit, rice, that sort of thing. Concentrate on protein, as mentioned above. And I would try to feed a variety of brands too, as well as a variety of proteins.