Non-disclosure agreements

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What would happen if we were not given the "consideration" stated in the agreement?  I have yet to see that and I have not received a copy of the signed by all parties contract.

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would still consider an attorney....... too bad you aren't in Texas, I could defiinately reccomend someone!!!

lunitar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And here's the truth.  They are trying to take away your right to work.  Unless they want to pay you your full pay for two years after a separation, this is entirely unenforceable. One of the values of hiring experienced workers is getting the benefit of their previous knowledge and experience.  I've seen a few companies require the signature, but I've never heard of a company actually doing much to enforce it.

About the only case where it might be enforceable at all would be if you stole a customer list from your current company and used it to try to get new customers for a new place you work.

I second what mrblanche has said here.  Unless you are sharing sensitive information or headhunting and drawing numerous coworkers to a new job it is not enforceable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Gah..

Two of my co-workers were laid off.  Their termination date was prior to the date signed on the agreement and the "check/consideration" we received.  I feel horrid.  This was just a coup to lower expenses while intimidating employees.  I have been threatened that I cannot talk with the terminated employees.  If I do, I will be fired.

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been threatened that I cannot talk with the terminated employees.  If I do, I will be fired.
And there's no way they can know about THAT unless they do some highly illegal searching of your personal life and/or communications devices, so disregard that entirely.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last I checked, there is still freedom of speech in this country.  They CAN restrict your contact with others during business hours and on their property.  They CAN'T restrict it off-hours and off-premises.

I think I said this was a power play by the company.