Nintendo Classic

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Some of my best memories of times with our son were when he and played games on the Nintendo and Super Nintendo. He and I have often talked about those times and how much fun we had. So last year, when they came out with the Nintendo Classic, I wanted one badly. I refused to pay the price; a $60 game being offered for $250, simply because people bought them up and then increased the price.

Our son has all the newest games and such with outstanding graphics and everything else. He'll play with the kids, but he says it's not the same as when he and I used to play. It was pretty blue in the house and we argued a lot. And, yes, we're still seven years old.

Well, this year, Rick found one that didn't cost us an arm and a leg. I didn't get it on Christmas Day, but it came yesterday! (I spent three hours last night playing Dr. Mario. And Pac-Man. And Zelda. And Super Mario Brothers. Such simple games and the graphics are so primitive compared to what's on the market now. But it's just awesome.)

I took a picture and texted it to our son with "I'm waiting!"

His response: "Prepare to die! I'm on my way!"

The kids are coming today for our Christmas. Our son is coming to (try to) kill me in various Nintendo games.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have fun!

I just recently found out about a free programming language named Scratch that's designed for games, and for simplicity. I'm thinking about using it to recreate a game that I used to love on my Osborne 1 (one of the two earliest portable, excuse me, luggable computers, the other being the Kaypro). The Ozzie didn't have graphics; this was a graphic game that was entirely text based. It was called Polish Pong. The ball was a moving asterisk, the targets were hash tags, and the barriers were slashes and back slashes off of which the ball would bounce. All controlled from the number pad.

Margret

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still have my NES. My favorite games were the Ultima series. Also really liked the Dragon Warrior ones.
A red slime approaches.
My son found an emulator for the NES games so now he can play them all on his laptop.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I used to play Time Bandit from Atari....anyone remember that one? I miss video games but my tennis elbow wouldnt allow me to play forlong.

Time Bandit came out in 1985ish. It was a game of different worlds...I was addicted to it.