Newly neutered male personality change

wildnotions

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
8 days ago I had my sweet, playful kitten Zander neutered at the same time his sister Zoey was spayed. Where Zoe seems more active than ever post surgery, poor little Zander doesn't want to play anymore and sleeps most of the time. He has also lost some weight. I don't see any signs of infection. Will I ever have my sweet boy back?

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with the others above. Call the vet he probably has picked something up. But male's normally aren't out of action for long does he have a check up due my vet checks male's and females a week after nutureing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wildnotions

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Zander is better! I took him to the vet and had him treated for a possible salmonella infection. He is on antiobiotics and is now eating and perking up. My only problem now is with his diarrhea associated with the meds. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.
Thanks!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad to hear Zander is doing better! Many members recommend using plain pumpkin as a way to help with diarrhea, just a tsp or so added to his food. If that doesn't work, or he doesn't like the flavor, you can try unflavored psyllium seed - 1/2 tsp, or a probiotic such as saccharomyces boullardi, about 1/2 of a capsule in his food at least twice a day. I am sure there are other things to try - hoping some members will come along soon with additional recommendations.