newborn kittens making clicking noises please help

missnnga

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i found 2 orphaned kittens that i have been feeding and raising for the past 2 days. My guess is that today they are about 6 days old. I’ve been bootle feeding them and I am a first time foster. I’ve noticed that when they breathe they make clicking sounds. this is when they’re asleep and also when they’re awake. They still seem to be eating alright. should i be worried?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
i found 2 orphaned kittens that i have been feeding and raising for the past 2 days. My guess is that today they are about 6 days old. I’ve been bootle feeding them and I am a first time foster. I’ve noticed that when they breathe they make clicking sounds. this is when they’re asleep and also when they’re awake. They still seem to be eating alright. should i be worried?
Its potentially alarming; it MAY be pneumonia. Yes, we are usually deeply alarmed with clicking sounds.

However, occasionally it shows after a time, it wasnt anything seriosus, whatever it was.

Playing it safe, a rush to your vet and antibiotics is what is prescribed.
But we have also noticed, some vets refuse to give antibiotics...

No easy situation for the rescuer.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with StefanZ StefanZ . Kittens make clicking noises after they have aspirated milk into their lungs which causes pneumonia. They should begin antibiotics immediately. Keep us posted!