Newborn Kitten Has Large Testicals

bleem

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my female cat just gave birth 2 days ago to 6 healthy kittens. The first born is a little boy that seems to have very large testicles for his age. I noticed them minutes after he was born. Could this be a sign that something is wrong with him?

20170504_215135.jpg
20170504_215236.jpg

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. Most likely his testicles descended before birth, which is unusual, but not worrisome. In addition, the mother's hormones can sometimes stimulate the genitals of the kittens, making them temporarily enlarge. All should be well in a week or so.

We're goofy for kitten pictures! Show us some pictures of the whole kitten and the rest of the litter!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bleem

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The silver one is the biggest one out of them and is a little bully. (: She always wants the nipple that's already taken and switches nipples a lot just to take one from her siblings haha.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bleem

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lol! I should haha. I haven't named them yet. I'm afraid I'll get too attached to them before I find them new homes ): (I'm already so attached though!)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If there is much troubles at feeding, you may consider to take them in groups. Prepare an extra litte comfy nest, with heat pad and so, where half will take their midday-nap, and the rest eat with momma. and switch after a couple hours...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you weighing the kittens daily to make sure all gain 6-10 grams each?

As Stefan said, you may want to rotate them and let them nurse in 2 groups of 3 every couple of hours. If not, you may find that you have a runt or two who does not grow well.

Feed mom as much wet food as she wants while nursing. She needs it!