Newbie With Questions

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey! So I'm a little late posting on this since I joined the other day, but in my defense I joined because I had questions.

Anyway, I've had cats for pretty much my entire life among many other animals. So far, I'm up to nine cats that I've considered mine for any amount of time. Right now I have three. Two sons who are Napoleons and a daughter who I know nothing about except she's the sweetest, brattiest tortoiseshell. The boys will be turning six this summer and the girl will be turning two. Their names are Ash, Frost, and Ember. I absolutely love talking about them. They each have their own very distinct personalities which I have had to accept and live with no matter how difficult they may be. Ash is very antisocial and a bit scary, but he's as sweet as can be and wouldn't hurt anyone. Frost is laid back and very trusting. He can get a bit irritating at times, but he's great all the same. And Ember is just something special. Her mother showed up at our house and ended up having kittens. I sort of raised them with her and kept one. I wanted both. However, Ember is fantastic and I will freely admit that she has me wrapped around her little claw. She knows it too.

So I'm still figuring this site out and hopefully I'll find the answers to all my questions! My cats seem to be a bit weird and I'm very much a worrier. So much so that I was terrified of Ash having something terribly wrong when he ended up with an easy to fix UTI. Animals are pretty much my life and I couldn't imagine living without them.

Ash:

Frost:

Ember:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I forgot about adding those. I'll update with some. Hopefully I'll get some better ones soon.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey! So I'm a little late posting on this since I joined the other day, but in my defense I joined because I had questions.

Anyway, I've had cats for pretty much my entire life among many other animals. So far, I'm up to nine cats that I've considered mine for any amount of time. Right now I have three. Two sons who are Napoleons and a daughter who I know nothing about except she's the sweetest, brattiest tortoiseshell. The boys will be turning six this summer and the girl will be turning two. Their names are Ash, Frost, and Ember. I absolutely love talking about them. They each have their own very distinct personalities which I have had to accept and live with no matter how difficult they may be. Ash is very antisocial and a bit scary, but he's as sweet as can be and wouldn't hurt anyone. Frost is laid back and very trusting. He can get a bit irritating at times, but he's great all the same. And Ember is just something special. Her mother showed up at our house and ended up having kittens. I sort of raised them with her and kept one. I wanted both. However, Ember is fantastic and I will freely admit that she has me wrapped around her little claw. She knows it too.

So I'm still figuring this site out and hopefully I'll find the answers to all my questions! My cats seem to be a bit weird and I'm very much a worrier. So much so that I was terrified of Ash having something terribly wrong when he ended up with an easy to fix UTI. Animals are pretty much my life and I couldn't imagine living without them.

Hopefully I'll get the hang of this site soon. Then I can post pictures of my beautiful babies! Well, beautiful to me. I've had mixed reactions about Ember. Mom called her ugly once, but the cat had grown on her since. Some people are scared of Ash. I don't think he minds a whole lot though.
Hi there and welcome!!  

Feel free to talk about your kitties as much as you want and of course, the more pictures the better!!

Ember's "brattiness" is also known as "tortitude". They are notorious for having strong personalities and that's part of what makes them special along with their beauty. I adore torties. 

This site is very user friendly but if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We're happy to help. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ember's a brat all right, but only with me. She tends to be very jumpy and skittish towards strangers. Just today she got really spooked because Frost went after a toy and she didn't know what was going on. I followed her around the house on all fours trying to calm her down. She had her tail twice as thick as usual. That was tons of fun. She didn't want anything to do with me. Well, she laid under me for a moment and calmed down a bit, but it took probably half an hour before she relaxed.

Last edited: