Newbie here....hello!!

2ShortTails

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!!! I've had cats my entire life and being a little over a half century old, I learn something new about them the older I get. I lived on a farm yrs ago and saved nearly 50 cats that got dumped (literally) onto my property. They all deserved a 2nd chance at happiness and health and all but 5 (of which i kept), reveived loving homes that i found for them.

Having recently lost a cat to cancer that wasn't even 2 was beyond devastating. It was to his tightly bonded brother littermate as well. I fed the best food I could find (based on reading ingredients and this site). He didn't have feline lukemia but cancer cells were found in his spleen and other areas-- and treatment for it, would sadly have been futile. We have since adopted a new brother since the brother left behind mourned his brother's loss to the point of it affecting his physical and mental health. The new 6 month old kitten has been a wonderful addition in so many wonderful ways and has restored happiness (after the adjustment period between the two). I found out the kitten had a disastrous unhealthy start to life and has been on antibiotics for most of his life thus far (which is also why I posted a question about probiotics). Always wanting the best for the boys, I've come here MANY times for topics of knowledge (and working with my vet). I want to give the best and healthiest lifestyle for my boys.

I cannot thank those enough that have shared their knowledge, which increased mine, and am proud to now be a member of such a wonderful cat loving community. ♡

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: So sorry about the recent loss your young cat. It's never easy to lose them, but that young is so unfair to both the cat and their human. :alright: If you feel up to it, we have a Crossing the Bridge forum where you could post a tribute to him. RIP sweet kitty. :angel3:

I'm glad the new kitten is helping both you and your other cat. Sorry he too has health issues. Hopefully you'll be able to find the solution to improving his health.

Thanks also for helping care for and rehome all the cats that were dumped onto your property. So horrible of their owners, but happy you were there for them. :petcat::redheartpump:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
620315b2dd400a3725b9d7be2c73f2f2.gif
2ShortTails and kitties and on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
19c3f133001584443cf2de73b0583333.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

We are so
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear about the loss of your cat :alright: and also glad that the new kitty has fitted well into the family and do post photos of your kitties for us to see! :camera::camera::camera:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign: to TCS ....it's so nice to meet you and to have you join us all here,it is a wonderful community of like minded terrific people

I'm so sorry about your loss,my sincere condolences .Such a heartbreak,no less than any family member:alright:

I'm glad to hear your kitty is doing better now that you've opened your heart and home to the little kitten and I hope he recovers quickly and lives a long,healthy and wonderful life with you and your family

backwoodsvet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome, and Sorry for your loss, two years is not a long life, I know, I lost a kitten to a snakebite many years ago and know how devastating it can be.....................

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2ShortTails

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you soooo much everyone for the warm welcome!!! :heartshape:It's been a busy couple of days and apologies for not thanking all of you for your kindness and support. I'll be sure to post pictures and a tribute to the kitty i recently lost in Crossing over the bridge as well. I know we've all gone through it and am sending hugs to all of you as well!