New to this

teresag

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi and thank you for adding me. IM mad about cats and have 4 of my own. I have a 4 yr old Bengal x Siberian which has gone walk about after all these yrs and its breaking my heart as i don't no why he would up and go.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about your 4 year old, was he neutered? Don't give up hope, cats have come home after a LONG time. Welcome to the Cat Site, you'll receive a lot of wonderful advise and help here, everyone is so nice and knowledgeable! I'll definitely pray for your furbaby's safe return, it doesn't hurt! Please keep us posted, and good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

teresag

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Big boy Max is neutered. He started wondering back last yr. Coming home most nights then every 3rd night or so then stopped all together back in october for 7 weeks. A lady messaged me on fb as i put him up missing on every site i could and she told me that he looked like one of the cats that her mum is feeding. Went to check and it was him brought him home he stopped in for a few days then left. He came back a few nights. Then i never saw him again then for a few weeks. Picked him up from the lady that was feeding him Xmas night as i wanted him home. And i haven't seen him since. I call him i go looking for him every nitmght i can. I just don't understand why he wont stay. My other cats Casper and Peaches miss him Casper more so. I just don't no what to do do i just let him get on with it?

teresag

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Its lovely to be able to chat to other people that have had the same problem as me. I never gave up looking for him but now hes no were to be seen. The lady who was feeding him said she hasn't seen him for over a week now in back to worrying again as i no when he was at that ladies he was well fed and looked really well. Now i just don't no what to do. Any info or ideas would be well appreciated. Thanks all for listening to my whining.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, sorry you're having this issue with Max despite his being neutered.  What an intersting mix of breed he is, he must be stunning.

It is common for cats to cover quite a large territory if they go out though less so when neutered, and if he is finding food from other people being offered and has managed some hunting he could be holed up somewhere and fine.  Cats also get themselves stuck in places for a few days at a time, like outhouses, and then get let out so turn up once they are out roaming again.  A previous colleague of mine's cat was in a neighbour's shed for a week and turned up about 10 days after it went missing. I hope very much that Max is well and returns soon.  I know how I would feel if Mouse got out and I couldn't find him immediately, and my heart goes out to you.  Believe in Max's ability to get by as he has done before, and that he knows his way back home.  Do not give up hope. 

teresag

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you those are very nice words. I would love to put a picture up of the cats but not sure if you can on here. IM sorry if im harping on but im at my wits end with him. If i don't go and get him for some reason he want come home. I was sort of happy knowing the fact i knew were he was but now he hasn't been back to that lady im so worried. Its driving me crazy.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Try to keep positive, and keep asking around to see if anyone else has spotted him.

I'm not sure what the problem with posting a picture might be:  if you have digital photos on your phone or computer that you use and they are your property and not someone elses you should be able to post?  It would be great to see what your Max looks like.

(There is an icon in the bottom row of the post editor which looks like hills and a sun or moon, between the page indent selection and an icon looking like a movie slide.  If you click on the Insert Image icon you just select the image/s you want to add and it takes you through the process).