New to Site

jayoverland

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello my name is Jay and I have 2 furry friends to share with you guys. Both of them were rescued, the first:
His name is Hobbes, we found him stuck in a tree near my house about 4 years ago and decided to take him in. He's currently on a diet since he loves to steal food from the dog but he's made progress.
The second, his name is Apollo. Last year around fall we had a blood moon eclipse and the whole family was outside observing the moon when this guy showed up. He was about 2 months old and malnourished so we immediately took him in. Several moths later and this guy wont stop growing!
I'm looking forward to being part of this community and sharing more stories!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. 

They're both beautiful cats and very lucky to have been rescued by you. I wonder if Apollo has some Maine Coon in his family tree? He has that look about him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jayoverland

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. :wavey:

They're both beautiful cats and very lucky to have been rescued by you. I wonder if Apollo has some Maine Coon in his family tree? He has that look about him.
Thank you! I believe he does, he has large tufted paws and a feathery tail. He definitely has the traits.

angelbaby123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS I am new also and I have 2 fur babies also both rescues.I have an orange tiger "Lucky" that I have raised since 3 wks old, and a black short hair "Angel" who is 6.5 that I rescued since he was about 1.5yrs old. Angel has had such a hard life he was abandoned, lived outside on my porch in a box, with a sleeping bag wrapped around it thru a bad winter, then was hit by a car in 2011. They didn't think he would ever walk again, but amazingly he came thru!! Now he just went thru a urinary block procdure and came home 2 days ago. I have been a wreck worrying if he is really ok, but have been told it will be a few days for him to start bouncing back. This site so far has been tremendously helpful and the ppl that have responded have been great. OK  I will stop rambling now lol. Again WELCOME 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!!!!! 

Both of your boys are very handsome. I have to agree with @Norachan, he does look like he has some Maine Coon.

Thank you so much for rescuing them. I can't wait to hear more about them.

castle cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You are blessed for rescuing them. Welcome to the site.

Castle Cat (Late Jetho’s humble servant)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome!  You're sure to love it here. Thanks to you and your family for rescuing Hobbes and Apollo!  "RESCUE" is our favorite "breed", too, on both sides of the family, going back forever.  Those are two very handome mancats -- Hobbes looks like he has some Flame Point Siamese ancestry, and Apollo looks like he has Maine Coon and/or Norwegian Forest ancestors, which would explain his size.  All the best to them, and you, from L.A. Metro, where five rescued senior lady cats rule this household.  

punkysmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Beautiful kitties! Bravo for giving them a forever home. I'm sure you are rewarded with lots of love. 

therese

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Jay!  Welcome to the site !  Hobbes and Apollo are very beautiful....Apollo looks like he might have some Norwegian Forest Cat in him !

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the site :wavey:

Beautiful kitties, love their names, wonderful site I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Last edited:

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Truly beautiful kitties!
I have two kitties myself, Mittens and Shadow.
My Shadow resembles your Apollo.
Shadow is greyish in color, while Mittens is orange and white.
Both are large kitties with big fluffy tails.
Welcome to TCS.
Everyone is so friendly here and really welcoming.
If you have any questions about kitties, just ask.
We all care about each other's kitties like they are our own.
Again, welcome!
Looking forward to hearing more about your kitties.
Definitely more pictures!
Just love pictures here!!