New Old Boy

kate187

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I am new here as I adopted a cat this weekend from a rescue fosterer.

He's big and ginger, 14/15 years old and almost completely deaf. His name is Bishop.

I think he's the friendliest cat I've ever met, all he wants to do is nap and then cuddle with me, nap and cuddle, repeat.

He's got a bit of an upset stomach at the moment but I'm hoping that's just the stress of a move/new diet?

22050241_10155497473765485_5656746161846105859_n.jpg 22046809_10155497474150485_4920988838958897562_n.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
How awesome are you for adopting a senior cat! Bishop is very cute and he looks like he's filled with plenty of vitality!

Regarding the upset stomach, I think the new diet is the likely culprit. Cats tend to do better if they're transitioned to their new food over the course of about a week, gradually mixing in more and more new food while reducing the old.

Have you gotten a chance to take him to the vet for a post-adoption check-up? If not, the stomach upset could be something you mention then.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kate187

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How awesome are you for adopting a senior cat! Bishop is very cute and he looks like he's filled with plenty of vitality!

Regarding the upset stomach, I think the new diet is the likely culprit. Cats tend to do better if they're transitioned to their new food over the course of about a week, gradually mixing in more and more new food while reducing the old.

Have you gotten a chance to take him to the vet for a post-adoption check-up? If not, the stomach upset could be something you mention then.
Thanks- he's amazing and I'm going to spoil him rotten for his (hopefully very long) retirement!

I haven't been the vets yet as I only brought him home yesterday, but I'll be ringing them tomorrow morning to sort an appointment. I will definitely mention the upset stomach. Apart from that he seems fine, he's eating and drinking and already seems settled.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kate187

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous boy! And he looks happy!

I agree, it may be a different diet but would check with a vet if it continues.

He looks very well for 14/15!
Yeh he's in beautiful condition, you can tell he was well looked after until his elderly owner passed away.

His breathing seems a little loud but not all the time, and not when he's sleeping. Don't know if it's because he's deaf as my old dog got noisier when she went deaf. Am going to get him a good all-round check at the vets anyway.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I am new here as I adopted a cat this weekend from a rescue fosterer.

He's big and ginger, 14/15 years old and almost completely deaf. His name is Bishop.

I think he's the friendliest cat I've ever met, all he wants to do is nap and then cuddle with me, nap and cuddle, repeat.

He's got a bit of an upset stomach at the moment but I'm hoping that's just the stress of a move/new diet?

View attachment 198422 View attachment 198423
I have a soft spot for old(er) cats; Bishop looks very cute :redheartpump: and he is lucky to have you to cuddle with :clap2:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 198422 View attachment 198423
:wave3: How wonderful you are for giving this old guy a forever home. :rock:Beautiful photo of you both.:hearthrob::redheartpump: His magnificent whiskers picture would go great in our Show Us The Whiskers. thread. :clap: :clap2: Make sure to let us know how the vet visit goes.:hellocomputer:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3290.GIF
Kate and Bishop, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3138.GIF
to you both

Glad that you've joined the site and thank you for adopting Bishop :clap:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles here Articles | The Cat Site

Bishop's a great looking cat :lovecat::lovecat4: More photos please.

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to both you and your Grand Old Man. Thank you so much for opening your heart to a senior kitty. So often they end their lives in a cage, when they can be the most delightful companions! But you know that. He's beautiful, so dignified!