New milestones for Zena: first kiss 🤩😘

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zena is continuing to adapt to the indoor life. He is still scared at times but off all meds for now and he had a normal poop finally, fingers crossed. Quinn is still hissing a lot etc and basically terrorizes him but today he seemed a bit softer towards him.

I wanted to share that Zena and I had our first kiss😹 yesterday I was scratching his head / chin/ sides of face etc. which he loves and he was purring… I leaned in to give him smooch on top of his head because he likes to sniff my hair and not only did he let me but he looked up at me with such love. I gave him a second kiss today.

Lets hope the progress continues and he and Quinn will get along ok. He and Merlin are friends now, I hope it continues.

The cage is still up but open- he still likes to go in there to play, to sleep in the carrier and to escape Quinn. He also uses a cat bed on a small couch and sits where I sit on the couch there when I am there. I wish I could spend more time with him but it's hard with everything going on. I can’t wait to break down the cage but I don’t want to rush it. It takes up a lot of space. Since he likes to sleep in the carrier it will hopefully be easier to take him to dvm again when the time comes.

He hates when I leave the room and runs with me and sometimes swats at my feet to try to get me to stay. I am trying to train him to sit stay which he will do sometimes unless Quinn is there, then he meows and wants Quinn to come in I think even though Quinn is a terror etc. he also wants to see the rest of the house, So far I am the only person he is not afraid of.

He is getting brushed each day which he likes and I trimmed his front paw claws a few days ago. I realized I had been brushing him with my mason pearson brush which works well for long hair kitties 😹

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
wanted to share that Zena and I had our first kiss😹 yesterday I was scratching his head / chin/ sides of face etc. which he loves and he was purring… I leaned in to give him smooch on top of his head because he likes to sniff my hair and not only did he let me but he looked up at me with such love. I gave him a second kiss today.
5c690171512d2fe4c8e4e634e3438eb9.gif