New kitty Kovu + big cuz Simba

lawf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone, a couple weeks ago i posted about how my friend/roommate moved out with his outdoor cat that I have known since the day he got it and actually named it, anyway, my cat has been missing his friend terribly.  he would sit out by the back sliding glass door watching and waiting for his friend to come by, and at nights when they would usually play together he has been whining in my room and would only play for like 10-15 seconds before stopping and being bummed.  So on the advice from a few of you and a few other people I talked to I decided a new friend for him would be best.  A friend of a friend happened to have some kittens and had exactly what I wanted, a long grey haired boy.  I asked how old they were and she claimed 7-8 weeks but I just picked him up and he's definitely younger than that. But she was going to give them away regardless so I figured I would go for it and brought him home and he's been running around his room playing ever since.  Definitely a lot more outgoing then my Simba was as a kitten. 

if anyone was wondering where his name comes from, I looked up the lion king family tree and Simba has a cousin named Kovu, figured it was perfect.

here are a few pics, ill be updating the thread with more.  is there a section where i can have an update thread on him and simba or should i just use this thread?

and here's simba the day i got him, dec 24, 2012

and simba now

View media item 269671
they won't be meeting until I take Kovu to the vet and get the all clear.  not really in a rush.  last time i waited 3 weeks, better safe than sorry.

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Awww. Kovu is so cute.  And being a great lover of ginger tabbies, I love the photos of SImba.   Check out The Cat Pages link at the top of the page - I think this is where you start a thread about your cats.

I'm so glad Kovu is happy to be with you, especially as he is so young to be leaving his Mama.    I hope the introductions go well.  It sounds like you're closely attuned to your cats so it will probably be fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lawf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks! yeah simba's a pretty boy and very photogenic.  i have tons of pics of him i can post.  kovu seems like he's going to be a cuddler and definitely fun for simba.  I keep going up to his room for ~5-10 mins a couple times an hour and every time i come in he runs up to me and wants to play on me.  he seems to like biting my shirt the most so far, at least its not my hand like simba.  if this weekend goes well i might have to try to take him for shots monday so he and simba can slowly start getting introduced. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lawf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
btw, can anyone tell me how old you think he might be?  im guessing ~5-6 weeks maybe

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS, Lawf! Kovu is a cutie! And Simba is a handsome fellow, I must say!