new Kitten’s gums

therockofJohn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
new kitten in the house, she’s grinding her teeth and hasnt really eaten her food. She will eat but bit by bit. is there something wrong with her gums? is it the retainer teeth that might be causing this?
I’ve set up an appointment in a few days but thought I’d ask on here at the time. Thank you

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may be teething is all, but what you describe usually indicts soreness somewhere in her mouth. A vet visit may be in order. Offer wet food watered down, or some of those lickable treats. My cats like Delectable Lickables in the stew flavors. i give all their meds in it. I also use Oratene water additive every day in my cat's water, it reduces plaque and helps with tooth problems. I pray for the best for your little one!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

therockofJohn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She may be teething is all, but what you describe usually indicts soreness somewhere in her mouth. A vet visit may be in order. Offer wet food watered down, or some of those lickable treats. My cats like Delectable Lickables in the stew flavors. i give all their meds in it. I also use Oratene water additive every day in my cat's water, it reduces plaque and helps with tooth problems. I pray for the best for your little one!
Yeah I’ve set a time for a vet but it won’t be until friday. If she continues to keep this up then I’ll call to get her in sooner. She continues to play and cuddle up, she is just eating little by little. I have added to her diet as her previous owners diet wasn’t so good but like I said she eats little by little.