New Kitten

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 310619
Blossom Update: So, Blossom is allowed in the whole house except for the guest bedroom now. As it has gotten colder we have put her on the catio less and less (although we did purchase a heated cat house in case she ever needs to be out there on a cold day). Her favorite pastime is bird watching at the front window. We live near a school and she also enjoys watching the students get picked up and dropped off, as well as leaves and raindrops.

View attachment 310620View attachment 310618
She still loves her “sock baby.”View attachment 310617
And her toy bird is perhaps a slightly deficient substitute for catching real birds, but does seem to satisfy her.

She has started jumping on the counters a bit (she struggles to get up there, but she can do it) and I’m wondering what advice you’d give. My wife got a recommendation for this product, which releases a spray when it detects motion nearby. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I really want to make sure not to traumatize her, but I can’t have her on the counter and if we can’t figure out a way to stop her she’ll have to be more limited in what rooms of the house she can go in. I worry about the cleanliness of having an animal in food preparation areas as well as the thought of her getting in to something bad for her up there. If that product wouldn’t be good, does anyone recommend anything else?

Next, with colder weather and Christmas coming up I have two concerns. For one, how to deal with the Christmas tree. We get a real tree and hang ornaments on it. We do have gates that could keep her out of the room, but that is her birdwatching room. Does anyone have any ideas? My sister says her cats aren’t really that interested in her tree, so the jokes might be a bit of an exaggeration, but I want to make sure to take any precautions necessary. And I think at least for this year we will forgo the intricate porcelain nativity set and use the chunky wooden one instead.

View attachment 310622
Also, most of our heat has traditionally come from the wood stove seen here in this picture of Blossom watching The Crown. It has always been cold and she occasionally jumps on it. I worry that she will jump on it or try to get in it if I build a fire. I feel like she’ll probably instinctively avoid the fire, but I wanted to get people’s opinions before using it.

She is one pampered baby. She won the lottery when she met you. :)

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry didn’t realize I was responding to older posts at first!!! But I’ve had fun reading this whole thread now. You guys are awesome cat parents!!! :yess: And she’s so beautiful!

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry didn’t realize I was responding to older posts at first!!! But I’ve had fun reading this whole thread now. You guys are awesome cat parents!!! :yess: And she’s so beautiful!

She kind of looks like your baby girl. Oh those torties. :)