New kitten stool question

CarlCarlson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Got a kitten 3 days ago. She is very playful and eats and drinks her fill.
Her stools are mostly normal but sometimes somewhat runny (due to change in diet?).Today I noticed some red on her stool and was wondering if it is anything to worry about.
20231005_114350.jpg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Got a kitten 3 days ago. She is very playful and eats and drinks her fill.
Her stools are mostly normal but sometimes somewhat runny (due to change in diet?).Today I noticed some red on her stool and was wondering if it is anything to worry about.
:hellosmiley: and welcome to TCS!

Changing of food/diet may result in runny stool but the red stains look like blood which is a concern. Can you send this photo to your vet and seek professional advice?

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is certainly not a normal kitten poop, that's for sure. It should be at least the consistency of soft serve. Vet is probably the best bet.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How old is she? Can you go back to what she was eating before you got her and see if that 'corrects' her stool? I have heard of there being blood involved with a diet change, along with the loose stool. So, ideally, give her what she was eating before, and if that fixes her stool issues, then you can consider doing a slow, gradual transition to another food.