New Kitten Peed On My Bed

BufoBufo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!
Three days ago I brought home a kitten. I'm a first time cat owner and I'm really confused because this morning the kitten peed on my bed. He hasn't done that before. He uses his litter box all the time and I can't understand why he peed on the bed. He really likes sleeping with me and i don't want to keep him off the bed. Do you have any suggestions what should i do?
Thanks in advance!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He could have just gotten excited. If he keeps doing it; make sure you get him checked for a urinary infection.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
A kitten cannot hold their pee long as their bladder is not that strong yet.

Putting all medical issues aside, I suspect he could not make it to his litter box in time.

Maybe you might like to have another litter box in your bedroom besides the one he is currently using that is not in the room.

You may also like to use a good enzyme cleaner to clean the urine stains and make sure you get all the smell of urine out so that he don’t mistake your bed as a litter box.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BufoBufo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A kitten cannot hold their pee long as their bladder is not that strong yet.

Putting all medical issues aside, I suspect he could not make it to his litter box in time.

Maybe you might like to have another litter box in your bedroom besides the one he is currently using that is not in the room.

You may also like to use a good enzyme cleaner to clean the urine stains and make sure you get all the smell of urine out so that he don’t mistake your bed as a litter box.
Thanks for the advice! I'll try with the second litter box and hopefully he won't do it again