New Kitten Kicking Resident Cat Out Of Every Bed.

Mr.Fizzy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So a few weeks ago we adopted a new kitten and did the whole slow introduction. Both kittens seem to be really getting along fine though Bibbles (new kitten) is constantly trying to wrestle Bubbles(Resident kitten). Though the big issue often happens with beds. Just to let everyone know I've got 5 kitten beds, six including mine. Whichever bed Bubbles seem to always choose, Bibbles always comes along and wrestle with Bubbles, to a point where Bubbles can't be bothered and just leaves.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most kittens are little jerks to their fellow cats, big or small. Typically no respect for mutual interest in playing, no respect if the other cat is actually afraid or defensively growling and swatting. I adopted one of my two cats when he was a kitten from a home with a three legged cat, and learned there is no respect for disability either -- when I took him was likely the happiest day of 3 legged kitty's life. Literally the only thing that sometimes deters your average kitten is being held down by a bigger cat.

Sounds like you have a size or temperment difference. One of your kittens is a normal little jerk, and for whatever reason (usually size or temperment), the other isn't as interested in the playing. This is common too.

Anyway, things should get better with time. In the meantime, they will do their thing. Not much to be done about it, except maybe give the "bullied" one a break once in a while by petting with the door closed.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sounds like Bibbles is setting up to be the dominant cat in your home. And there always is one. If that's the case, just make sure that Bubbles gets plenty of affection. You can help develope Bubbles' confidence with a wand toy. There's nothing quite like hunt/catch/kill to boost a cat's confidence! Even with that, though, he may just be the more submissive of the two.