New Kitten Has Grey Spot On Eye

jdean1120

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello cat people. I just rescued an adorable little kitten from a small hoarding situation out of state. She received vet care while she was living with my cousin for a week, which included FeLV and FIV testing, deworming, de-flea meds, a botfly larvae extraction, and a round of antibiotics which she is still taking. She is about 10-12 weeks old.

When I went to pick her up yesterday, I noticed a small, raised grey spot toward the bottom of her left eye, which I initially thought was a little piece of dirt. However, today it is still present. I asked my cousin if the vet noticed it, and she said he didn't, so no answers there. I have plans to take her for a general wellness/kitten vaccination/schedule her spay exam at my local vet, but I just wanted some insight onto what it could be before I take her in next week.

image2.JPG
image1.JPG

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Does it look like it is on the surface of the eye rather than inside? I haven't seen anything like this but wonder if it could be scar tissue or something? When are you thinking of taking her along to your own vet? I am assuming this will be soon. If it doesn't change at all I would simply bring your vet's attention to it when you take her in, and see what they think.

By the way - she looks very cute and fluffy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jdean1120

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it seems to be sitting on the surface of the eye. It's very slightly raised. I'll be taking her sometime after this weekend. And thank you, she's super soft and sweet if a little scared :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hope all goes fine before your planned trip to the vet and you don't see any changes with her eye / all else good. With your noticing the little spot it is good as the vet will be able to take a good look when you go in, and she is so young what ever it is it hasn't been there long. It sounds like she has had a tough start to her life and is very lucky to now be living with someone who is looking after her - feel free to give her a few extra cuddles, or a bit of extra play for me, :loveeyes: and please do let us know how things go with the vet once you have been.

Zaymqn7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know this is extremely late but our 11 week old kitten has this as well, what did it turn out to be? I’m very worried about him.