New kitten: bump on nose

Shellxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone 👋 We just adopted a kitten a few days ago, and I've noticed he has a little bump on his nose. He's due to have his vaccinations at the vets in a few weeks, so will be seen by a vet soon but was just wondering if this is a normal kitten thing or whether this looks like something more serious? His behaviour seems fine, he's pretty playful and seems fine otherwise but as we've only just got him I guess we don't have much to compare it to :( really grateful if anyone has any insight on this! Have attached some photos as examples :)

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi there! Such an adorable kitten! I don't think that it is 'normal', but that doesn't necessarily mean it is of great concern either. However, I do have to ask what the adoption center said about it when you adopted him?

If nothing else, you could send pics to the vet that is due to see him and see if they have any input/advice ahead of the scheduled vet visit. In the meantime, take frequent pics and date them so you can tell whether or not the bump is growing.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And that would have been my advice, exactly! I'm late to the party.

What an adorable kitten! Are we completely sure we're talking about "he" here? I swear I'm seeing a lot of orange, black and white on the head shots, which would indicate a "tabbico" (tabby-calico), so "he" may be "she." LOL, something else your vet can verify!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shellxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! Such an adorable kitten! I don't think that it is 'normal', but that doesn't necessarily mean it is of great concern either. However, I do have to ask what the adoption center said about it when you adopted him?

If nothing else, you could send pics to the vet that is due to see him and see if they have any input/advice ahead of the scheduled vet visit. In the meantime, take frequent pics and date them so you can tell whether or not the bump is growing.
Thank you so much for the advice, especially about sending photos to the vet, a great idea! So I probably should have rephrased "adopt" to "re-home" as we got him from someone my partner works with who had an accidental litter, so we rehomed from an actual family rather than a rescue (our other cat is a rescue though! :D) I don't believe his previous owners really know a lot about kittens, so they never even mentioned it to us, I just noticed it when I was taking photos of him. I am a little worried about it, he's so small and I would hate for something to be wrong. He's also SUPER wobbly, he sways and falls a lot. I've read up on wobbly cat syndrome so that's another thing I'll be asking the vet. Thank you so much for your advice!
And that would have been my advice, exactly! I'm late to the party.

What an adorable kitten! Are we completely sure we're talking about "he" here? I swear I'm seeing a lot of orange, black and white on the head shots, which would indicate a "tabbico" (tabby-calico), so "he" may be "she." LOL, something else your vet can verify!
Omg, thank you for pointing that out!😂 As I say a little above this, we got this kitty from a family acquaintance who had an unwanted litter, so I'm not sure they know all that much about having kittens so I wouldn't be totally surprised if they got it wrong! Thank you so much for the reply, that's another thing I'll make sure we get the vet to check!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Be sure to let us know what the vet says! This baby is, to some extent, now "our" kitten, and we'll fret!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shellxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Be sure to let us know what the vet says! This baby is, to some extent, now "our" kitten, and we'll fret!
Thank you so much for caring, it's really lovely and so appreciated. We've just come back from the vets, they weren't sure what it is... Which isn't entirely helpful but they have said it feels firm/solid so it isn't a cyst. As he has grown, I definitely think the lump is more visible but I don't think it's grown.

They've told us to keep an eye on it and keep taking photos, and he's back at the vets for his vaccinations next week so they can check to see if it's grown. So overall, it's still a bit of a mystery! If we get any diagnosis, I'll definitely report back as it's quite strange.

In other news, he's growing so much and is super playful now, he's particularly rambunctious after he's had his food! 🤣

I've attached some pics as I thought you might like to see him as he's grown ❤ thanks for your help guys!
KUJICAM_2022-05-17-09-46-52_developed.jpg
KUJICAM_2022-05-13-14-49-47_developed.jpg
KUJICAM_2022-05-12-16-10-42_developed.jpg

20220516_103706.jpg

Kbot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How did everything turn out for your furbaby?