New Kitten And Old Kitten Having Problems

cassideejustine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have a 4 month old male kitten, who gets along very well with our two pits. So we decided it would be a good idea to get him a little playmate. Today we got a kitten about 10 weeks, female they didn't like each other, so we are keeping them separated. But the reason for the post is that the male kitten is suddenly aggressive towards me and my fiance. We don't know what to do??

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
First, I'd like to welcome you to TCS! :welcomesign: Second, this is a perplexing and interesting situation. I would recommend reading some of the Articles on the forum which I hope you find helpful:
Do Cats Get Jealous? (and What To Do About It When They Do)
Solving Cat Behavior Problems: The Key Ingredient
How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide
Re-directed Aggression In Cats

We would love to see a pic or two of your kitten(s) and two pits. Please feel free to post one here: Fur Pictures and Videos Only!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Its just day one and your resident kitten is stressed and scared by the sight and smell of the new kitten. And a scared, stressed kitten is going to lash out at whoever comes near him. With the newcomer confined he will probably settle down pretty quickly. Give him a couple of days and he will likely be back to his old self.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cassideejustine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Fable, Echo, and River. And this is our newest fur baby Ember! Thank you for y'alls help! Echo is already starting to calm down a bit.

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for the pics, I especially love the first one with Echo and his two canine friends - so adorable! :hearthrob: Your newest fur baby Ember is precious. :lovecat:Glad to hear Echo is slowly but surely coming around.