New Just wanted to say Hi and Thank you!

lesliel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi I am new here...although I have been reading the post on a regular basis to help with a ferel cat colony I decided to take care. The project for me has been overwhelming at times and not an easy thing to do. I am thankful to have had these forums to relate to those who have done similar things.

If you are curious this is my story...I started to feed a ferel in my yard last summer. I participated in TNR, and found out she had kittens while I had here trapped. I let her go earlier then recommend after the surgery to find the babies. I was able to find them, one almost dead the rest ferel already at 4 weeks! Couldn't pick them up they hissed and lashed out. I saved and adopted out the one not doing good. My friend has him, Oliver. The rest have been in my yard since October. I have had them fixed and built the shelters etc, recently they got a shed. In the meantime I gained a new one not apart of the family, he has also been fixed, and one from the family has recently went missing for a few Weeks.

I live in Brooklyn NY so dealing with neighbors has been a huge issiue, one I had to buy a sprayer for...and just as the dust settles...I think I might have a new cat which I am not sure I can take on. I see this one every few days trying to not leave extra food out. Which sounds mean but I hit an emotional and fincial limit. Anyways that's the sum of it.

Thanks for all those who post and give advice I'm sure I'll be on here sometime soon seeking support or advise!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lesliel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes they are very healthy and I think happy!

I have been to the caring for ferels...Maybe I should of posted there. Wasn't sure what was appropriate. I'm new to even writing in forums! I come here so much the last few months... I thought I should join!

Thanks for the welcome!!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes they are very healthy and I think happy!

I have been to the caring for ferels...Maybe I should of posted there. Wasn't sure what was appropriate. I'm new to even writing in forums! I come here so much the last few months... I thought I should join!

Thanks for the welcome!!
No, this is perfect--this is the place to introduce yourself!

I only included the link to the other forum in case you hadn't seen it.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lesliel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep for sure have been glued to it on several nights.

My friends think I'm crazy, so to even read others stories when I am stressed has help so much! I think my friends and coworkers are tapped out with my crazy cat stresses. I can't help it though I care and love my little ferel family.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Well, this is the place for you--you can share to your heart's content.  No one will get tired of the stories or photos and best of all, you will find people who understand.