New Home for my Cat Angel

latinopanama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found her on the street when she was about a couple of months old back in 2012, she was in bad shape and her eyes were really infected, probably would have died had I not gotten a hold of her and taken her to the vet. She is a SUPER shy/scared cat and it was really tough to catch her when I did.  She also throws up hairballs with food 1-2 times a week and has always had the problem.  I was living with my ex girlfriend when I found her, I was also with her when we took another cat at the end of 2013.  They seemed to get along and would play and chase each other, but sometimes would hiss at each other and Lucy would corner Angel.  We broke up and I kept Angel and she kept the other cat Lucy.  I can no longer keep Angel and tried to see if she would take her, but I don't think she will be willing to do it, which really sucks because Angel is familiar with her and would remember her I feel like.  She told me that she doesn't think that the cats would do well together.  So now I am thinking I am going to have to figure something else out to do.  I have ALOT of love for her and am already heartbroken at the thought of not having her with me anymore.  I am not really wanting to go about trying to find an owner for her on craigslist just because of the stories you hear about bad things happening to animals, etc. I wanted to see if anyone had any websites, suggestions or options to try and find her a great home where she'll be loved.  I know the internet is the internet, whether its craigslist or a random cat site like this one, so probably sound crazy, lol.  I am worried about someone taking her and finding out how shy/scared she is and also with the vomiting issue that she has and just letting her outside of their house or taking her to the shelter to die, that is the LAST thing that I want.  I know that this has been a long ramble, if you read it, thank you for taking the time to do so, I just don't know what to do.  Thanks.

catsneedloveink

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can understand what you are dealing with. When I first took the boys in, I called FIFTY-SEVEN different numbers (rescues, shelters, etc) to no avail. It's been 4 months and I've only been able to find a home for the little girl.

What I wanted to say is that it might help if you can give a general location and maybe a picture. as far as her being shy and scared...don't worry too much. Just be honest about it and maybe the new environment will suit her better. My cat that I had to leave with my parents while I moved out of state used to hate, and I mean HATE everybody but me. Now that she only has my parents she adjusted quite well and is my moms new sidekick and shadow. Her shyness could have been due to her surroundings and not necessarily you, personally.

Best of luck and I hope you find her a great home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

latinopanama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well as far as the shyness, I am the one that she trusts most.  Whenever there are other people around she is shy and hides.  I am not so much worried about the shyness as much as I am with her vomiting on a weekly basis.  She would warm up to whoever took her, but as far as cleaning up vomit every so often, I could see someone getting tired of it that isn't a big cat lover.  That is what worries me the most about it.

catsneedloveink

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would be worried too if I handed my cat over to somebody and they got tired of clean up. One of my boys poops his fur from time to time and when he does, it can get ugly. Not only would he need a bath but floors need to be cleaned also. I will keep him before handing him over to somebody that can't convince me beyond a shadow of doubt that it wouldn't be a problem.

Last edited: