New here - Friskies cat food - sick cats??

Lilredcat74

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Long time lurker. First time posting. I'm a seasoned cat lady but wanted to ask if you know anything about this...

Due to fussy cats feeding my cats Friskies pate and shredded chicken because after every other can I brought home over the years this is all they will eat.

Anyhow, yesterday I was Googling cat food brands looking for new ideas. I hate that this food is so low quality. I came across a thread on Reddit saying that Friskies has been poisoning cats. A link from Reddit pointed me to a consumer reports website with reviews from a year ago to this month. All saying their cats were vomiting, having diarrhea and dying.

No food recall means nothing to worry about, right? Thanks for any thoughts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilredcat74

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for your reply. I actually just searched past message threads on this topic (which should have done before posting) and the same question came up in January 2020 and was logically replied to. It was determined to be fear mongering. Thanks and sorry for the drama. 🐾

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
If you haven't seen this it might help if you're still looking for a different brand, although I'm also feeding my boy Friskies Extra Gravy varieties since he's the same...
after every other can I brought home over the years this is all they will eat.
There's Crave (although it has a couple ingredients I personally usually try to avoid, carrageenan and menadione). You could take a look at Merrick Backcountry, Natural Balance, (my boy likes the gravy from these first two pouch versions, which I'm fine with since it gives him an additional and different "nutritional profile") Redbarn, Miko (chewy . com), Tiny Tiger and there's one called Petite Cuisine, there's also Luvsome, Sheba, Trader Joe's...if you haven't seen this website yet it might help too.

CatFoodDB - Cat Food Reviews to help you find the best cat food for your cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilredcat74

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I know, I hate that they are essentially eating potato chips every day. When this pandemic is better under control I'm going to try some other food... They used to eat Wellness Core - and then suddenly hated it and I panicked trying to find something they'd both eat. Picky boys...