New here and first time owner of an Indoor cat

hydeskate

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Growing up I had cats, dogs, ducks, rabbits, a rooster (plus chickens) but none not even the cat was allowed indoors.  At the end of April I got my first indoor kitten who was 6 weeks old and half bengal/half feral.  My cousin purchased the very expensive Bengal Female and was suppose to get it fixed, well that didn't happen till after she had a litter of 4 half bengal and half feral.  The cat is litter boxed trained but she liked to do her business outdoor and my cousin didn't think about stray tomcats till it was too late.  . 

I had no clue what a Bengal was I first saw my cousin cat Nala when she strolled up in the yard, all of us were looking at her trying to figure out what she was. I would learn the next week at my cousin baby shower for her 2nd grandson that Nala belonged to her and was knocked up, so I immediately put my name on the I want a kitty list.  

I got the runt of the litter who hadn't learned how to climb or jump off things, though she was litter box trained and eating dry food.  She is now 7 months and very active, high climbing, ninja, acrobat, stealth kitty  that loves to sniff anything and everything.  And her self place when she is scared or wants to get what I am cooking is my shoulder, every-time I open tuna or cook shrimp and she thinks I am taken too long she is on my shoulder.  And when we go to the vet as soon as they take her out of the bag they tell me to make sure she doesn't get off table, not a problem she puts her paws on my chest and climbs up on my shoulders and sometimes has front paws on one shoulder, back paws on the other and trying to hide her body behind my head.  Apparently the techs have never seen this before but she does it every-time we go. 

helsic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your kitten sound pretty cute and it seems she loves you very much!!!

I want to see pictures!! share some!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hydeskate

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Littermates barley a month old

Mine would be the fuzzy ball about to get bounced

6 weeks old 

2.5 months old still had some baby fuzzy

5 months old loves to play with my toys, got her inside a 1:6 scale SUV, Barbie RV

6 monnths

6.5 months 

The older she gets the more her markings come out and more brown that shows, which was her mothers color her dad was a black Tomcat who for a short time was taking in by my cousin with his litter-mate a sister.  The sister stayed the Tomcat left after a month or two after going outside for a potty break both preferred using the outdoor facilities with the dogs. 

When my sister moves back she will be building seats for all the windows for Riley aka RileyCoyote we are also going to build her a walkway around the walls to various spots including a very high window that faces outback she has been staring at trying to figure out how to get up there.  I downloaded pictures from a company in Germany that showed walkways and rope bridges on the ceiling so I am going to design it and my sister will build with lumber my uncle has collected from old barns and homes that were being demolished.  

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to the site :wavey:

That is a beautiful kitty you have :D

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I have a new word for kittens like yours: "cuteins"! When I saw the pics, I exclaimed, "What cuteins!" (I'm very tired, and have been sick all week. My brain crossed its wires, and that's how "cute kittens" came out, LOL!

Welcome to TCS!