New Foster Litter, 2 seperate sources

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FosterMeowma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This may be all you can do until she rounds the bend. Sometimes around the 3-week mark or so kittens can experience fading kitten syndrome (FKS).

If they are eating well, pooping normally, and hydrated, i.e. nothing else wrong, they usually will snap out of it in a few days. It’s scary, and is a failure to thrive issue that seemingly pops up out of nowhere with no explanation. Supportive care often gets them through. I hope this is the case with Pixie! FosterMeowma FosterMeowma
Unfortunately, that's most likely not the case with Pixie. And if it is, it will be severely complicated by her other health issues.

Pixie is one of the ones that was accidentally overdosed, so she is dealing with multiple infections.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The vet will most likely put her on meds then. Poor baby! I’ll anxiously await your update tomorrow.

FosterMeowma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's already on 2, plus probiotics. I just hope there is something they can do for her 😔

FosterMeowma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just got out of the vet!

She said to keep supplementing her, and to keep her on her meds (she was almost out of one of them). She also said her lungs sound clear!

She wasn't dehydrated enough to need subcu fluids, but the bad bacteria levels in her fecal test are still way too high.

So I'm going to continue the way I have been, and pray it's enough.