New feral cat - is it Pauli or Paula. / It's Paula and we have kittens.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for asking! Well, actually it is going very well. Boss has settled in and Pauli has accepted Boss. They even sleep on the bed together, though a few feet apart. ;)

Boss was always a tough cat outside, but now he is caring for Bertus, washing him, asking to play with the other cats and generally much more easy going. It is a remarkable transformation I think.

Pauli is the smallest one now, but she controls everything. She is the most bossy one. :D

I have added some photos.
I can't believe how big Bertus is now- they look wonderful...... so happy to hear they've all settled in as one lovely little family❤that's because they have the best Cat Daddy👍

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat_dad_dan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
how big Bertus is now
Thanks! Bertus is around 10/11 months. 17th of July will be his birthday. One day after this topic started. ;)

He is a bit difficult with food and his growth kind of stagnated for a while. I tried many types of wet food, but he seems to enjoy kibble most. Though I still have to put the food in the right spot before he starts to eat. I have worked out a strategy, so it's kind of ok now. :lol:

With Bertus it is important that he stays slim/lean, because extra weight might cause problems for his hind legs.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When it comes to Bertus, I am reminded of the advice I was given here when I was struggling (and lost the war) to transition my girl to wet food, "The very best cat food is the one your cat will actually EAT! The most nutritionally complete, balanced food in the world does no good sitting in the bowl." Just make sure, if he's hooked on kibbles, that he does get enough water.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Bertus is around 10/11 months. 17th of July will be his birthday. One day after this topic started. ;)

He is a bit difficult with food and his growth kind of stagnated for a while. I tried many types of wet food, but he seems to enjoy kibble most. Though I still have to put the food in the right spot before he starts to eat. I have worked out a strategy, so it's kind of ok now. :lol:

With Bertus it is important that he stays slim/lean, because extra weight might cause problems for his hind legs.
Well he looks fantastic Dan- they all do

All of my cats have their specific place they eat- 2 of them will look at me and wait if their dishes are switched as well and sometimes I think " what's up?" Before I realize I accidentally swapped dishes,lol Which is great,they know their respective place and with 5of them in the kitchen their is no food competition

Cats are most comfortable with familarity and routine..... job well done!

I knew Boss would adapt well ,quickly but am pleasantly surprised by Paulis swift and steady progress to the new surroundings -she's a special girl that little darling,she hung around the old house for a reason and had her eye on you.... I get the feeling Pauli knew exactly what she was doing,it was a match made in Heaven❤