New Covid Strain August 2023

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've never unmasked yet if that makes you feel better.

Is there any news yet whether or not this vaccine is a full dose or a half dose?

I'd rather get a Moderna 1/2 dose than a Pfizer full dose. The last full dose vaccine knocked me out for two weeks.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finally stopped masking in May, but will likely start again once flu, colds, and this new Covid strain start spreading. Also plan to get the booster, since as far as I know I've not had Covid, so have no immunity other than the vaccines.

Is there any news yet whether or not this vaccine is a full dose or a half dose?
I've not read anything about dosage size, but there is going to be an updated Covid vaccine.
When Should You Get Your Next Covid-19 Booster? How To Decide

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Yes. Ontario said it will come out when the flu shot does in September, but the news didn't mention dosage size. I suppose I'll have to wait.

Our provincial health ministry sends us vaccine reminders actually when it's time to get a booster 😄 As they recorded our initial shots.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I won't be getting any boosters. I got my 2 first shots and stopped after that. I'm not saying I'll never get another but as it stands...nope. I will probably mask if necessary like during the height of cold flu season if I'm in a crowd but my usual infection prevention standards work pretty well as long as I stay "healthy" (sleep/stress/active/nutrition etc...)

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If the Covid booster is an updated one I may get it. I got my last one the beginning of last December. I will get the flu shot, I get that the beginning of October and I won't get them together. Maybe if it is updated I will get the Covid booster in November.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If the Covid booster is an updated one I may get it. I got my last one the beginning of last December. I will get the flu shot, I get that the beginning of October and I won't get them together. Maybe if it is updated I will get the Covid booster in November.
Yes it's for the new strain. The covalent one is out now if you haven't had that booster.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes it's for the new strain. The covalent one is out now if you haven't had that booster.
That is the one that I got last December. I just looked up info on the boosters and the new updated one should be out the end of September. I'll wait until at least two weeks after getting the flu shot the beginning of October.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Google says the new boosters will be available here late September/early October and yes, I'll be getting one.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
COVID doesn't seem seasonal the way the flu is. I saw a list of symptoms for the strain that is in Europe now and it seems much more cold like. Fever isn't a hallmark symptom. Cough, sneezing, runny nose, very cold like. It can last up to two weeks.