New Cat

CGlazier

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. Recently was asked to take in a one year old male. Has not been to a vet at all. (Appointment made). He is the most loving little guy. Very loving in your face constantly loving. I dont think he got much attention. My boyfriend and I work opposite shifts so there is always one of us home. My question is... he just never seems to stop. He is always in our face. We had him a week. Not used to cat so loving. Lol. Any suggestions or will he calm down some?

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Olive was like this when we adopted her. She had been fairly neglected socially, her previous owners kicked her out of the house for not using the litterbox and then they moved away. My neighbor fed her and gave her water but she didn't get shelter or much love. Then the neighbor moved away and we adopted her.

From day one she was cuddly and would sleep in my arms for hours. If I lied down on a couch she was in the crook of my neck purring so hard she squeaked. It was like she wanted to be as close to me as possible, and would have loved crawling into my mouth to live with me forever.

Once she got used to getting as much love as we could give and 3 square meals a day she started exploring a little bit more. More space and lots of play did cause her to be a little less clingy. She still loves being around us and occasionally she will still lay on top of me. But more often if we are in the same room she is laying down on the ottoman next to me, or on the floor in the sun. She became more independent, but was still our cuddly little girl. It took a few weeks/months for this to happen. My guess is your guy will start to become more independent once he realizes the cuddles will always be available.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CGlazier

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I am hoping he settles in. Frankly... I have not seen him sleep much lol.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:
It sounds like he's super happy to be in your home. :petcat: Probably once he realizes he's there to stay, and that you guys will always be coming back, and that there'll always be food for him, he'll be a little less clingy. Then again, it's not so bad to have a cat that loves to give you attention. :catlove:

What's his name? Can you post a picture of him?
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post :camera:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww. My guess is he will. And if he doesn't, it's possible to train him into more independent behaviors I think. Enjoy it now, you may miss those cuddly moments later.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! He sounds like a wonderful friend. Enjoy the cuddling as much as you can now. He will get a little less needy after a while. There's nothing wrong with an affectionate cat! You're lucky to have him.:happycat:

CGlazier

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His name is George. No pics yet!!

CGlazier

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww. My guess is he will. And if he doesn't, it's possible to train him into more independent behaviors I think. Enjoy it now, you may miss those cuddly moments later.

CGlazier

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Very true! Lol.