New Cat Owner

GalaxyGirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!!! I’m really new to having cats. I found 3 kittens under my car a few days ago. Took them to the vet. They are doing fine. We are planing on keeping them and whoever abandon these poor babies made me really upset. They are about 8-9 weeks. Fully litter trained and well socialize. So I’m confused as to who would do such a thing.

Having help from seasoned cat people. As I’ve had dogs my entire life except we had a cat when I was 4. Never had one since. These babies are so loving.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We’re glad to have you here! Your kittens are so precious! Have you picked out names for them yet? TCS is a wonderful community, filled with knowledgeable cat lovers, so please don’t hesitate to ask if you ever have any questions. :purr:

First-time Cat Owner's Guide

dahlia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are adorable. The one with the black nose looks like me when I have only gotten my eye make-up on one eye.:crazy:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-090208.gif
NovaDoll and kitties, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3650.JPG
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

The kitties are so lovely! :lovecat: :lovecat2:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful and thanks for letting them own you.
By the way, you appear to be wearing my shorts. You can keep them for rescuing the kitties.

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site!! :hellocomputer:

Your kitties are so adorable.

Don't forget to talk to your vet about getting them altered, especially if you have a mix of girls & boys. Your little ladies can come into heat as early as 6 months and then you'll REALLY have your hands full.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and those three little orphans (no more, bless you!). Yes, do remember to spay and neuter, or this time next year you'll have eleventy-seven cats, a ruined bank account, and no sanity at all!

LORD those are cute kittens! How could anyone just dump them like that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GalaxyGirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The boy black and white is Dart. The calico is Cali (going to change) and the white and ran one her name is Tandi.

Welcome to TCS! We’re glad to have you here! Your kittens are so precious! Have you picked out names for them yet? TCS is a wonderful community, filled with knowledgeable cat lovers, so please don’t hesitate to ask if you ever have any questions. :purr:

First-time Cat Owner's Guide

GalaxyGirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. I look forward to lots of help. :)
Hello everyone!!! I’m really new to having cats. I found 3 kittens under my car a few days ago. Took them to the vet. They are doing fine. We are planing on keeping them and whoever abandon these poor babies made me really upset. They are about 8-9 weeks. Fully litter trained and well socialize. So I’m confused as to who would do such a thing.

Having help from seasoned cat people. As I’ve had dogs my entire life except we had a cat when I was 4. Never had one since. These babies are so loving.

GalaxyGirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I already asked when they can be fixed. They don’t weight enough. They should be 5 pounds. They are only 2. Trying to get weight on them.

Welcome to you and those three little orphans (no more, bless you!). Yes, do remember to spay and neuter, or this time next year you'll have eleventy-seven cats, a ruined bank account, and no sanity at all!

LORD those are cute kittens! How could anyone just dump them like that?

Yeah I

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome, I found my beautiful kitten in a box too a few weeks ago and decided to keep him! My vet suggested waiting until he was 6 months to neuter, but I think 5 months is normal too. Average kitties should gain approx 1lb per month - but obviously that will vary based on different factors. In saying that, my guy has gone from 2lbs to 4lbs in three weeks but we think he's full/part maine coon so should be gaining more weight than normal kitten.

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
PS: 2lbs seems normal I reckon for an 8 week old kitten. If you feed pouches of wet food along with dry kitten kibble, they should gain weight quick enough!