New Cat Owner

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mr Fluffers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tried the Fancy Feast Naturals shredded chicken and beef. He just drinks the juice and leaves the bulk.

Mr Fluffers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I left the wet food out and he ended up coming back to it and eating it. He seems to like chicken flavored food. I did get him to play some but he will never be mistaken for an active cat. That is fine because I wanted a laid back cat. I asked the rescue to show me their low energy cats and he was the one they showed me. He doesn't come and seek attention but he seems to like it. I have never seen a cat purr as much as this one. Just looking at him makes him purr. He also really likes to be brushed wish his nice given his longer hair. He really seems to have a routine and found his favorite spots. He like to sleep in my bed all day and comes downstairs in the evening and sleep on top of my bookcase. He also seems to only eat at night. He still hasn't used the litter box upstairs which is fine. I got a roll and sift litter box downstairs and it works great. It's so easy I clean the box about three times a day.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad he finally ate his wet food. He sounds really sweet, if he purrs when you look at him. :)

Mr Fluffers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It has been a week and each day he seems to come more out of his shell. He follows me more and meows at me. He has become a little chatterbox now. I'm guessing the meows are for attention. A good rub on the head usually stops his meowing.

I hope he's eating enough. He eats about an ounce of wet food and some dry food a day. I feed him the wet food and he sucks all the juice out. Later he'll go back and finish it. This isn't an active cat but I still hope he's eating enough.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could try putting some dry food on the plate first, then dropping some wet food on top of it. My boy cat seems to like this. Just try a little bit and see if he likes it that way.

Mr Fluffers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He eats but he doesn't seem to eat enough. He's becoming more active and goes to the bathroom regularly so he seems fine. Not sure how he got to be so big. The food is always available and he'll eat it eventually.