New Cat Owner, New User

Dany

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
I posted on some other forums a few days ago but I figured I should formally introduce myself here. I'm Dany and I just adopted my first cat ever! Her name is Marigold and she was from a local rescue shelter. She's a complete sweetheart and has adjusted to me/my home surprisingly quickly, especially considering she's only 2 years old.

If anyone has any tips for first time cat owners I'd be happy to hear them. I'm really excited about having a cat now since I've wanted one my entire life, but there's also a lot of stuff I don't know yet so I'd love to hear any advice that more experienced cat people have.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! There are a lot of very knowledgeable cat owners here, so I'm sure that if you have any questions, someone will have an answer momentarily. Marigold is very pretty!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS Dany and Marigold :wave3:

Thank you for adopting her and glad that she has adjusted to your home.

Feel free to ask questions and also do check out the many good articles and informative forum threads.

Marigold is beautiful and do post more photos of her please :wink:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome. Marigold is very pretty.
The biggest advice I can give to a new cat owner is: buy a cat scratcher and cat tree.
These are critical if you want to save your furniture and your skin.

thegreystalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ditto; get a cat tower. Wear long sleeves to save your arms. Don't fret over ultra expensive food vs. moderately priced food. Don't sweat over kibble vs. wet in a can. Beware the 'Kamakazi Dive' from the rear. LOL. Make a choice; your houseplants or your cat!!!:flail: