New and cheaper food opinion

Iraklas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone and happy new year!! I have a question regarding a new wet food i have discovered in a pet shop nearby. The food is named "wellfed" and i attach the labels for some of their recipes. Please share your opinion. I used to feed lilly's kitchen with good results but after adopting my third cat it got very expensive. This new food is almost half the price. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It doesn't look bad from the label. I would probably try it if it was available in my area. Probably do a search for the company name plus "recalls" in your area. I tried in my area and didnt find anything; but I am US based so my search will get different results then yours.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Iraklas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The food is made in Germany. I'm curious to what does "broth" corresponds to exactly

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've always assumed it's the same as a plain meat stock, likely the water with all the meat nutrients that have gone into it during the cooking process. I can't say for sure, but it's never worried me as an ingredient.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it looks good, and the % of broth is pretty standard so I'd feed it. But I would also vote for a variety, if you can add some more brands to your rotation and if react good to such changes; they may become less picky about the different brands/textures if you found yourself in need to change their food again. You can check other options on zooplus site if it's available where you live.
Happy New Year to you, too!

Iraklas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Brand's previous name was Naturest but i can't find anything under that name either

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brand's previous name was Naturest but i can't find anything under that name either
Nothing or nothing bad? :) I googled it in few languages and it appears on some small online pet shops, with good reviews. I didn’t find any mention of recalls. Interestingly, I haven’t seen much of it on German websites, are you sure it’s made in Germany?
This food seems to be in the similar price range that my favorite German brands: Grau, Catz Finefood, Granata Pet, Feringa, Wild Freedom. You can buy them from zooplus (are you in Greece? If so, zooplus.gr has them) if you want to try something new to increase your rotation

Iraklas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nothing or nothing bad? :) I googled it in few languages and it appears on some small online pet shops, with good reviews. I didn’t find any mention of recalls. Interestingly, I haven’t seen much of it on German websites, are you sure it’s made in Germany?
This food seems to be in the similar price range that my favorite German brands: Grau, Catz Finefood, Granata Pet, Feringa, Wild Freedom. You can buy them from zooplus (are you in Greece? If so, zooplus.gr has them) if you want to try something new to increase your rotation
According to what is written on the can, the food is made in Germany. Look at attached pictures. I live in Cyprus and unfortunately options are limited. Zooplus doesn't deliver to my location

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
According to what is written on the can, the food is made in Germany. Look at attached pictures. I live in Cyprus and unfortunately options are limited. Zooplus doesn't deliver to my location
If options are limited, then it does seem like a very good choice ingredients wise.
I don't see Made in Germany on the photos attached 🤔 From their website it seems this is Greek company. Of course it's still possible they manufacture their food in Germany but don't sell it there, but it would be rather unusual. I'd contact them through their website/facebook page and ask about history of recalls and issues.
"Andreas founded his own company, Pet Interest® in 2011 to explore market segments where high end products seemed of lower quality and variety. Armed with his 20 years of hands –on experience in the pet market Pet Interest® started distributing it’s branded products in Thessaloniki- where the company is based- and soon expanded in towns and cities of the Greek mainland.

During the last two years Pet Interest® gradually expanded and won considerable market shares in other cities in Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia and Cyprus, its rapid growth attests a well balanced quality-price ratio that proved effective even during the phase of the country’s economic crisis
"

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is made in Germany and delivered to other countries by Pet Interest
Thanks, I see it now! I'm guessing they're using the same manufacturing site that processes other German cans as ingredients are very similar, but sold under different name; if that's the case, then it's probably good news, as imo these German cans are one of the best in Europe right now. I'd still ask the Pet Interest about the recalls (I'm sure in English is fine as they even have English version of their site).