Never seen a cat eat THAT before...

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is all so funny to read! Cats are wondrous creatures

Bella is SO curious (naturally) and she will come sniff anything I'm eating for a VERY long time. The only thing so far that she takes a real liking to is Captain Crunch Berries-flavored milk. I know it's not good for her so I only let her have a sip or two, but she's addicted to it.

What's odd is that she'd prefer a tissue or piece of paper next to a piece of cheese any day. Crazy kitten, but that's why I love her

mobius

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had an ex-street cat named Harley that would eat just about anything - Pizza crusts were a favorite, as was fresh turnip greens and (believe it or not) stale marshmallows.

My tortie is also a walking eating machine. Her favorites are Cheese Nips (cheese of any kind, actually) spaghetti noodles, corn Chex cerial (but not the rice kind) and crickets. Yes, she will seek out a eat any cricket that
has the misfortune to *CHIRP* inside the house.

Then I had two who refused to eat anything other than cat food, but only
if it was in their bowls. If it dropped on the floor, they didn't want it.

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol, I forgot about the bugs. Bella apparently loves her protein, because that little baby girl loooooves bugs. I like to think she hunts them down to protect me, too, but mostly she does it so she can have a feast

mobius

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Touche once woke me at two-<*BLEEP*>-ing-thirty in the morning because she was
trying to get at a big luna moth that had latched onto the screen of the bedroom window.

When I was about 8 or 9 we had a black cat named Jinx that cornered a preying mantis on a bush between the front steps and the house.

Every time Jinx got too close, the mantis would strike out with its claws and
the cat would back off a foot or so. This went on for about 20 minutes until
Jinx decided that anything that much trouble probably wasn't worth eating anyway.

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Way back when, Goliath liked his lobster, but only if first dipped in butter. Ivan liked his pasta. Socrates liked Cheetos (found a bag he'd stolen under the couch). Angel found a way into a drawer to find uncooked spaghetti. Spot and RC liked raisens, hominy and peanut butter chips. RC also liked to share crackers and milk with his daddy. Ollie liked peanut butter sandwiches. Chandler Ray loves canned mushrooms. The rest, so far, I haven't found they like anything strange. Oh, and Wyatt, he loved June Bugs!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gus never really liked people food, but Nora has the weirdest tastes.

She absolutely loves banana and actually ripped through a plastic bag to get to a pear...and ended up eating almost the whole thing.

She is also the only cat I have ever seen that loves steamed broccoli. She stole a piece off of the counter one night while we were eating dinner and gobbled up the whole thing.

She also likes Cheese Its.

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Snow just absolutely devours any broccoli and/or cauliflower she can get ahold of. She also likes to steal food from my hamster