Neutered Cat Humping Me!

Ee104

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys!
Ive had my gorgeous siberian boy for 18 months. He is an only cat and i Got him neutered at about 6 months old last march. Recently - just in the last month- he has started mounting my arm, gripping my sleeve with his teeth and straddling my arm! He kind of rocks his back legs like he is trying to get a better position and he also makes loads of miaowing noise!!

He only does this when i am alone and never does it to my boyfriend - who hasnt even seen it in person!

Should i be worried about this change in behaviour? Is it a sign of something else? Should i take him to the vet?!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's just getting "happy";) Some neuter cats will hump just because it feels good. There's nothing wrong with the cat at all. You can offer your cat an alternative to get happy on like a stuffed toy or a blanket.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of my boys do this.

Arnold has his "girlfriend" (a big fuzzy blanket). Almost every night when we are watching tv, he will have an romantic session, or two, with "blanky".

Greg does the same thing, but he often uses my wifes bathrobe..........while she is wearing it!

At first this behaviour concerned us, they purred very loudly, grab material in their teeth, chewing, shaking their heads back and forth, kneading like crazy and lots of hip action. But when I did some reading, I learnt that even neutered cats sometimes do this.

So now we just laugh and let them have their fun.

We just have one rule........."hips on the blankets please".....(sometimes they get a bit excited and go after a couch or cushion ).....that way we can wash everything.

We dont have the heart to tell the boys that they have have been neutered and arent lions on the savanna.

Its quite funny to watch. From the back, Arnold is huge! He looks like a large racoon and he is VERY passionate about his actions. I had thought of making a video and adding the music "sexual healing" or " im just a love machine"......but there is that pesky copy right infringement thing......aand I would feel like I had betrayed his privacy. (He says its ok if I post this)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ee104

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Could it also be seasonal?! Glad there's nothing to worry about - wasnt sure if he was trying to tell me something!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ee104

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Haha Purr-fect - i dont want to tell little Harry he's not a lion either!! Its funny he only does it when my boyfriend is not around - cheeky scamp!

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ummmm one of my boys does this to blankets on my bed. The rule is keep it at the foot of the bed, if he gets up near me I put him on the floor. Honestly I wish he would hump the kickaroo instead ;) I didn't know what he was doing until one day moving him I saw his wee Willie sticking out.... and yes I wash my blankets once a week.