Neighbors Cat Problem????

ronss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my neighbors cat, tom boy,,,keeps climbing the walls of my apartment into 2nd floor balcony on my apartment...i use to leave door open for cats, but now he as torn into them 3 times now...1200 dollars of vet bills...i put up a balcony blind 3 days ago, big plant in one corner, and small blanket on other corner..came home today, he was in my balcony again...called police, cannot do a thing about his agressive cat...the police asked if he could come into my apartment to my balcony, and get cat.. i said no, i did not want his cat near mine...police said it was unsafe for ladder, but maintenace got it down last week with ladder....i rufuse to let him in my apartment..took off for a hour today, came home..and cat still in balcony..neighbor does not see to give a hoot.????? but i dont want his cat in my aparment...they are scared to death now..its it unreasonable what i am doing,,,making him get maintenance and a ladder

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No it is not unreasonable. Are you able to put netting around your balcony so the cat cant get onto it. I have done this on mine, I used pea netting costing a couple of £'s. Once you have broken the cat of the habit, you could remove it.
20180920_173614_Burst01.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ronss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
going to have to do something...will try that next..i thought the balcony blind and hindering the corners were enough..he must be climping and jumping over things...thanks

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
You should not have to make your balcony unusable for you. I might live trap the cat and return it to your neighbor a couple of times and then let her know that next time you will turn it in to animal control, assuming your community has one of those. The other thing is if you are in the same apartment complex, complain to the landlord.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ronss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
in phoneix,,cats are considered free roaming..i am not sure i can turn it into animal control.....

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd check with the landlord first before putting up netting or such. Many apartment buildings have rules and restrictions on balcony use. You could be fined for having something on the balcony that violates the rules.

Talk to the landlord / management company about the neighbor's cat climbing onto your balcony and damaging your personal property as well as the door to the balcony.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi. Can you find out if this cat is neutered? That might be causing the aggression. If it were me, I would try to help him if I could.