Needing Advice Asap!!

Crazy_katt_lady95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my cat went into labor around 8.30 / 9.00pm last night (Thursday) after that kitten labor seems to of stopped. She hasnt had and contractions nothing. She is eating and drinking water. She is coming out of her hiding spot for lovins. She doesnt show any signs of being in distress.... But she deffenetly has more kittens in there... Is she ok?? NO RUDE COMMENTS! This is her third litter and it has NEVER taken this long.... I know she should be fixed but we took her in as a stray and she was already preg. Then she got out of a broken window, and now she got knocked up by our other cat that we were keeping them desperate till we could get her fixed but when I was gone my roomates kid let her out of my bedroom. Anyways TIA for any helpful advice... I'm worried about her. I called the vet ER near me around 12.30 / 1.00 am ish and at that time they said she should be fine and not to worry since she wasnt having active labor signs but now its been a few more hours and still nothing....

Kayla70711

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it possible she got stressed out? Sometimes if they get stressed, or scared they can stop their labor.

Kayla70711

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's what happened with my cat. She started having her baby under my bed so my Husband picked her up to take her to the other bedroom, and she freaked out. The baby fell out of her, and she bolted through a hole. I had to wipe the babies sack off, and keep it warm until I could get to mama, and give him back. She stopped her labor for awhile until she felt everything was ok again.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats can have kittens hours or even days apart. Since she is in no distress, just relax and wait it out. She’ll have the others when her body is ready.

How many kittens does she have so far?

Give me your city and state and I will locate a low-cost spay clinic for you.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, if she is ok, no visible problems, you can wait and see. Pauses are quite common. Does she take care of the already delivered kittens as she shall??

What we DONT want to see, is a long fruitless labor, where she has contractions or otherwise ongoing labor, but no results... This is almost always a vet errand.

But a full stop where she is visibly OK, you can wait. Do observe but stay calm.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat stop labor in between kittens and go eat snacks and take naps in between lol. Is she nursing the kitten that she had?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Crazy_katt_lady95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is it possible she got stressed out? Sometimes if they get stressed, or scared they can stop their labor.
Im not sure I wasn't home when she had the first one. She moved to where I can see her but nit the kittens she moved when j was looking in her spot just now and I saw another baby come out!!(: not sure at the moment hos many more r there.

Crazy_katt_lady95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats can have kittens hours or even days apart. Since she is in no distress, just relax and wait it out. She’ll have the others when her body is ready.

How many kittens does she have so far?

Give me your city and state and I will locate a low-cost spay clinic for you.

As of now she moved farther under the dresser and the way shes laying I cant see how many there are. She moved some when I was peaking and I got to see another baby coming out!! Ill update when I can see better. And im located in Edgerton kansas

Crazy_katt_lady95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, if she is ok, no visible problems, you can wait and see. Pauses are quite common. Does she take care of the already delivered kittens as she shall??

What we DONT want to see, is a long fruitless labor, where she has contractions or otherwise ongoing labor, but no results... This is almost always a vet errand.

But a full stop where she is visibly OK, you can wait. Do observe but stay calm.
Yes she is a great mama she's been taking care of the baby. Shes been cuddling it and feeding it and then taking her breaks.