Need wet food suggestions

CatPuss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, i am new here and looking for food suggestions for my cat.
I have an 11 year old (approx) cat with triaditis and IBD. the past year has been a real struggle because he hates all the food the vet suggests - hill zd, proplan hypoallergenic, or royal canin sensitivity control.
He hates dry food, but there seems to be very few options for suitable wet food. At the moment he is on proplan nutrisavour delicate, but its not an ideal choice as he still gets flare ups every few months, so looking for a better option. Any ideas?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat years ago had triaditus. She did not like the prescription food so I gave her canned koha lid duck which stunk bad so I switched her to rawz rabbit. Or instinct duck. High allergins are chicken and fish. If she doesn't like duck or rabbit slowly switch to venison or lamb. Start with rabbit or duck canned. One of my cats does best on weruva steak frites. She has something else going on

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rawz is generally recommended for cats with IBD. It's high quality food with few fillers. Minimally Processed Natural Cat Food Archives | RAWZ

Most IBD cats do well on any kind of novel protein limited ingredient type food. It doesn't have to be prescription.

Is your cat on steroids to help with the IBD and triaditis? Diet alone doesn't help with flare ups.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatPuss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is on steroids now because he is going through a bad flare up. But the vet tried to avoid putting him on steroids until now because he also has a heart murmur

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats had Whiskas when they were on wet - they have a new senior cat range in that might be good for your cat.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Has Whiskas gotten better with thier ingredients? Lots of starches and dyes and mostly fish or chicken.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat has IBD and does well on Farmina’s quail and pumpkin. They have boar, rabbit, venison & other goodies I’m forgetting. I am wondering how this new canned mouse is going.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
He is on steroids now because he is going through a bad flare up. But the vet tried to avoid putting him on steroids until now because he also has a heart murmur
Ibd+pancreatitis + liver inflammation and heart murmur has got to be hard for you and your cat to deal with but your both alive. She is lucky to have someone who cares so much. I wish certain meds now had been around when I had her,Josie, my avatar. She was on medacine twice a day,down 11 to 5 pds. She needs a one protein
diet so ask your vet first if it would be ok for her to have pumpkin