Need some reassurance, hopefully...

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm leaving for Prague in little over a month. It might be temporary, but most likely, it is not.

Here's the deal...

I'm leaving Whisky here (with my mom, who adores him, but is allergic) for the month I have over there, so I will be without him for a little over a month. I have NEVER been away from him for more than 5 days in the 14 years that he has been a part of my life.

So, I guess my question is...how do I cope with him not being on my bed or near my side for that long?

Have any of you dealt with something like this?? Any advice? My biggest fear is that something might happen and I won't be around. He's 15 1/2 now and I just don't want that call.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
it'll be hard, i agree. i miss mine when i go on trips. it helps some because i'm not in my bed, but not a whole lot.
maybe you need to get yourself a snugglekitty!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that is a dilemma, I don't like begin away from my kitties for a day let alone a whole month.

You should feel reassured though that a least you are leaving him with someone who'll take excellent care of him and that he's is a place that he's comfortable.
Also you can keep in close contact, via phone, or email.
Have a lot of pictures of him with you.
As for something happening to him, well there are some things that you can't control but if he's good health it is only a month so he should be fine.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it doesn't help much I know, but it will be a little easier because you're leaving, not whisky. Since you'll be in a strange place in a strange bed, although it will be hard, you'll probably not have it as bad as if he was leaving and you were forced to do your routine in the home without hm being where you expect.

not much comfort I know.