Need some of the famous CatSite vibes

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! I just found this thread! for Mike and they can treat whatever is ailing him thoroughly and successfully!!!!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy Moly! Just found this thread and I am hoping to hear good news when Mike comes back! It sucks when they aren't sure what's wrong with you and then you get sick.. Feel better soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went and had the ultrasound, and the tech said right away it was an enlarged lymph node. This was Friday evening, so they said they would forward it to the doctor Monday.

On Tuesday, I missed a call from the doctor. When we finally connected, she said that although such things usually resolve themselves, since it was so large, she wanted me to see a surgeon and have it removed and biopsied.

I was reluctant, and I gave her two reasons:

1. It appeared very suddenly.

2. In my volunteer work at the shelter, I get scratched (just little snags, etc.) every week, and I had one on that arm that looked a little red. I wondered if bartonella was a possibility. When she heard that, she changed her mind and prescribed a Z-pack and a couple of weeks of observation.

It's still swollen, but no longer painful.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a little late to this thread, but I wanted to send along some good vibes and prayers your way!