Need renting advice

krmoore

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My soon to be husband and I are moving soon and will be renting. The issue is that we have 4 cats and most places have a 2 pet limit. 2 of our cats hide all the time and are not social at all and none of them are destructive. We don't want to have to give them up as they are part of the family but I really don't know what to do. We have had each of them since they were babies and I don't believe it is fair to get an animal just to give them away. We love each of them and they love us. Should we risk it and hide them or go against what we both want and try to find them a new home?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krmoore

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Don't rehome. See if you can rent a house or a condo. Maybe the owners will be more lenient.
That's what I'm really hoping to do. I am in contact with a realtor right now. Crossing my fingers that she can help. If it comes down to it I will probably try and hide 2 since they are so antisocial. Thank you!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the apartments around here only allow 2 cats but we have 3. ;) We just fell in love with the 3rd one so what could we do? Didn't want to leave her behind with my old neighbors who stopped caring about her.

krmoore

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I completely agree. I could never leave them behind. I'm a huge animal lover and will try my best to help them any way I can. All our babies are rescues. 2 are siblings we found in a pool that their mom had dropped them into. The other 2 resulted in I can't be trusted at the shelter lol.

krmoore

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All the apartments around here only allow 2 cats but we have 3. ;) We just fell in love with the 3rd one so what could we do? Didn't want to leave her behind with my old neighbors who stopped caring about her.
I completely agree. I could never leave them behind. I'm a huge animal lover and will try my best to help them any way I can. All our babies are rescues. 2 are siblings we found in a pool that their mom had dropped them into. The other 2 resulted in I can't be trusted at the shelter lol.