Need Kitten Help!

Ashley Crouser

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My husband brought home an adorable 8 week old long-haired kitten. For two days she seemed fine, then this morning she was laying on her side barely breathing and stiff as a board. She had diarrhea all over herself and I thought she was dead. I cleaned her up and have been wrapping her in warm towels and using a syringe to get some water into her. She is starting g to walk a bit and is more alert. All of our savings is currently tied up and my cousin is vet tech and she told me all they would do is want to put her down, so looking to see if there is anything I can do at home.

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where did you get the kitten from? If a shelter or rescue group they likely have a post adoption medical policy. The kitten needs professional care asap and is at risk of dying without help.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I can't believe your cousin would say that without possibly knowing what is even wrong. It could be something as simple as worms, or something like Giardia or some other parasite. In the meantime,rather than simple water, try to get some unflavored pedialite into her. Keeping her warm is always a good idea. Hoping someone else will pop in soon. I haven't had kittens this young in forever :vibes:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ashley Crouser Ashley Crouser

What had she been eating? Has she vomited at all? What color is the diarrhea? Do you have house plants?

She really does need medical attention right away to determine what's wrong.

Pedialyte (clear) is an excellent suggestion.