Need job vibes!

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you can spare them, send some positive thoughts my way for employment!

I'm a pre-law student and I'm calling around to lots of firms asking about file clerk positions for the summer. I need money AND experience. :lol3:

Thanks! :wavey:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good news!

After leaving a LOT of voicemails, I have located a definite... opening. :lol3:

I spoke to the hiring manager at one firm and she's looking for someone to do part-time, long-term work... which is exactly what I need. :clap: I told her I needed to check my school schedule for fall, but it's going to work out. I'm going to call her back tomorrow and send her my resume.

Hoping she doesn't decide to go with somebody else...

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
BETTER news!

I have an interview with that firm on Monday. :D

Mrblanche, sorry to hear you're out of work!! Here are my good luck vibes passed on to you. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH MUCH MUCH LUCK, Katie!!!!!!!!!! Will be sending you loads of vibes for this interview!!!!!!!! :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cautious optimism!!

The interview went well. I think I'm what she's looking for. Hopefully I'll get a call this week. :D

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I didn't get the job. :sigh:

Lost it to someone who has 7 years of experience in the same filing system at a different firm. :rolleyes:

But, she said she'll be hiring another clerk in July, and that my resume is at the top of her list. :)

Thanks everyone for the vibes, even though it didn't really work out. :hugs:

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry you didn't get it...I applied for a job too and didn't get it..I found out two days ago, and it just sucks!! Especially since I was promised the job verbally, so I had extremely high hopes. In fact I was 99% sure I got it, and then I got bad news :(

Well, I am pretty happy with my current job, and I don't have enough experience since I graduated from college last year and have been working for less than a full year. So I was jumping at it too soon anyway. I am just kind of upset that they couldn't just tell me that at the beginning and I was led to believe that I have it :(

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I didn't get the job.

Lost it to someone who has 7 years of experience in the same filing system at a different firm.

But, she said she'll be hiring another clerk in July, and that my resume is at the top of her list.

Thanks everyone for the vibes, even though it didn't really work out.
Sending lots of
 for the next job in July!

When I applied for the planning job I have now, both my best friend and I applied for the same position. I lucked out and got the job. But they told him that they were going to hire another planner in about two months or so and would keep him in mind. And when they hired the second planner, they did hire him.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Darn !!!! I think they missed out on someone perfect for the job. I do hope they the offer you the clerk job in July :cross: :vibes: Let us know :hugs:

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Guess what!!

I got the second opening!!!! :D I start on Monday.

Thanks everyone so much for the vibes. :hugs: